Script Only Stacks and Script Locals

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jul 16 16:11:38 EDT 2016

@ mark: "put functions that manipulate the array in the backscript as well…"

yes… that's the direction I'm working in now.

@ Jacque.. that function is very useful idea.

"get set props" make my eyes roll

I have yet to grok what they do and how they actually work…a Video on that subject would be awesome, appropriate use cases, "how it works" and "how to" and "when and why not to use them " etc.

OTOH perhaps not using them is a better, I worry that key operations may be too "cloaked" somehow.. and make debugging harder

BR

On 7/15/16, 5:25 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Mark Wieder" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

    On 07/15/2016 08:20 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

    >function getSMediaItemData
    >    return sMediaItemData
    >end getSMediaItemData

    gmta

    On the other hand, Brahmanathaswami, if you're going to store the data
    in a backscript, why not put the functions that manipulate the array in
    the backscript as well?