Get fillGradient props

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Jul 10 06:57:38 EDT 2016

You mean widget instances I presume because widgets have their own reverse domain based naming convention/kind.

I suspect it would be useful to use some part of the widget name in the instance name of a widget given all widgets are referred to as widget so reading the code it may be hard to work out what kind of widget the script is dealing with. Using the entire kind string my be a bit much though.

I'd suggest dropping the reverse domain/author part and using the rest as a suffix.

So:

<author reverse domain>.<rest of widget kind>

Instances are named:

<something identifying what you are doing with it in your app> <rest of widget kind>

Eg.

`com.livecode.browser` instance showing help info named `help browser`

Cheers

Monte

Sent from my iPhone