What Newbies Expect

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Thu Jul 7 10:12:48 EDT 2016

On 07/07/2016 07:35 AM, Sri wrote:
> I am reading this thread on the web and I find two other threads (by Ray
> Horsley-2) entangled with this one. What is going on? Do others see this?
>
> Regards,
> Sri

I see it in my current email client. There are several people on the
list wose habit is to start new topics by replying to a message in a
message. Whether or not this results in disorganization or other issues
is dependent on how (which email client or web interface) you view the
list. Many email clients sort lists by subject rather than by the
message ID in the headers, so not everybody is affected. I mentioned
this once not too long ago and it didn't generate much response in
general nor a positive response from those who do it.

Warren