Applying scripts that don't compile

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Jul 3 04:11:12 EDT 2016

> On 3 Jul 2016, at 5:48 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> It is possible to save the stack with the script editor frontmost, and the uncompiled script will be set and saved as-is. I've done that by accident and, as you say, all the handlers disappeared from the handler list, meaning it was set during the save. I've only done that once, but it did cause some issues which is why I'm learning toward Monte's suggestion.

I think the changes I made this morning would quite neatly cover this issue if enabled for all scripts (not just IDE). What it does is when you save from the script editor menu it will find all the open scripts that have the same mainstack and attempt to apply them before the save. If one fails it will ask you if you want to ignore errors or cancel the save. If you cancel it will present the uncompiled script and error. If you ignore it will silently ignore the rest of the compilation failures.

Cheers

Monte