Applying scripts that don't compile

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sat Jul 2 21:42:57 EDT 2016

> The script editor save handling probably needs some sorting out as at the moment it will appear to save but the erroring script won’t be applied. I’m looking into that now. I think in the event the script application couldn’t happen it should beep at you or something rather than save.

Having now done this I’m starting to wonder about just taking the is an IDE script checks out because you now get appropriate warnings and can apply uncompilable scripts if you want to during save from the script editor and when closing the editor / script tab. I suspect we don’t actually need a preference because this behavior is simply much more logical. The only worry I have is a crash causing loss of work however that is probably a general IDE concern rather than purely a script editor concern and some general crash recovery mechanism should be put in place if it is a big worry.

Cheers

Monte