Applying scripts that don't compile

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 2 12:56:53 EDT 2016

On July 2, 2016 10:54:44 AM Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Under what circumstances would someone
> prefer to set a script that can't be executed?
>
> However you handle this is fine by me; I'd say do whatever's easiest for
> you.

I don't much care either since any change won't affect how I work, though I
do tend slightly towards Monte's suggestion. But I can think of a reason
why some might prefer to set a script that won't compile. If you've been
writing a very long script and haven't saved it yet, you may want to
preserve what you have and debug it later. Perhaps it's quitting time, or
your wife's gone into labor, or Armageddon is nigh and you're hoping to
survive it.

Of course you could get around the problem by commenting out the entire
script and setting that instead. So yeah, I don't see any down side to
making the change. And it could well save more trouble than not.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com