[ANN] Release 8.1.0 DP 2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 1 15:49:48 EDT 2016

Warren Samples wrote:

 > I never filed a bug report. I reported my problem in a reply to
 > another release announcement fairly recently and didn't receive
 > any comment from any of the devs that have been generously
 > participating on this list so  I (perhaps stupidly and/or unfairly)
 > took that to mean there was little interest in tackling it. Linux
 > is not anything like a single target and we've all seen the dreaded
 > "we can't reproduce it here" response that has to be as frustrating
 > to the devs as it is to those of us who have the problem :D I'm
 > grateful for the interest you and Mark Wieder have shown. I'm not
 > averse to filing or contributing to bug reports and will do so with
 > your encouragement.

I would suggest filing the report.  If anyone complains, I'll take the
heat. :)

It may be that this is something we'll fix as a community effort, but at
least having it in the bug DB will give us a central place to share
notes and logs as we work toward a resolution.

Please let me know the report ID/URL when you post it so I can add
myself to the CC list and review the info there to see if I can help
triage it.

Thanks -

--
  Richard Gaskin