[ANN] Release 8.1.0 DP 2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 1 12:53:41 EDT 2016

Warren Samples wrote:

 > The 64 bit LiveCode IDE fails to open for me under openSUSE Leap
 > 42.1.
 > The shell prints a backtrace. Would this be helpful to see? Running
 > LiveCode through strace using some particular option?
 >
 > --------------- (end quote)---------------
 >
 > To clarify the last sentence of the first paragraph of the original
 > (copied here from the dev list) post, simple standalones and LiveCode
 > Server do work under Leap, it's the IDE that is the problem.

Good sleuthing so far.  Narrowing it down to the IDE is especially
useful, as it suggests something that may eventually affect standalones,
since of course the IDE is just a collection of stacks itself.

I'm not familiar with backtrace, but the output appears to be very
different from strace.  Have you run strace?  To get going I wouldn't
worry about flags, even the defaults would likely yield useful info.

What's the bug report ID for this?  Maybe the logs should be included as
attachments there.
--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems