Controls on mobile apps - am I missing something?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jul 1 04:20:47 EDT 2016

On 2016-06-30 21:25, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> OS APIs change out from under the engine with expensive regularity,
> and all the while, even as mobile enhancements would indeed be
> valuable, there's a rather long list of other things we're asking them
> to do as well.

Hmmmm, at the end of the day, supporting iOS is (I would say) a great
deal less work then attempting to support
all-kinds-of-linux-distribution-under-the-sun as is evident by the
unfortunate problems people have using LiveCode on many of the
distributions with low 'market share'.

For example, the amount of time we have spent on trying to work out why
the browser does not work on certain distributions probably exceeds the
amount of time we have spent updating to support new iOS SDKs in the
last six months - and it is still not resolved.

> Would it perhaps be in the better interests of the community of
> scripters to put together a team to script those in LC Builder and let
> the C++ engineers remain focused on things requiring C++?

Indeed! That is one of the most LiveCode-user-visible points of the
whole LCB endeavour.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps