One Rect For All specificaiton

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Jan 28 21:58:04 EST 2016

And yet another solution is to forget the top and bottom completely -- don’t use that area for controls  if you are designing on 16:9

Today I was working on my dynamic image puzzle maker and wanted the entire virtual space on the iPhone so I moved my controls over to the left.

After a successful build and install on iPad… Eureka moment! Jai Ganesha!

All controls there nicely place on the left

http://wiki.hindu.org/edu-app-dev/screen-shots/IMG_0047.PNG

OK, so until (and this is my working query on the quality ticket for this) LC can give us a targetable coordinate map for the device that we can use reliably on *all*   devices *after* showAll does it’s magic:

Just put your app controls on the sides and tell your artists “Make sure you keep your characters 100 pixels away from the left edge, ‘cause we’re going to use that for controls” let top and bottom be nothing but part of background image/pattern

BR