Changing position/dimensions of a control that is part of a group

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jan 27 23:43:08 EST 2016

On 01/27/2016 08:13 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

>   set the width of graphic id 1026 of grp "baseControls" to item 3 of tCardRectByStack
>
>       set the left of  graphic id 1026 of grp "baseControls" to 0
>

> works

Control IDs are unique within a stack... you shouldn't also have to
specify the group.

> but not if we refer to the graphic by name

What means "break the script"?
Are you sure you have the graphic name correct?
I resize graphics frequently and always refer to them by name. If
they're in a group, you may want to lock messages first to prevent the
group from resizing again.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com