One Rect For All specificaiton

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Jan 24 15:34:43 EST 2016

go stack url ("http://dev.himalayanacademy.com/stacks/safe-zone.livecode”)

OK I finished what I think is a decent 1st iteration of something useful, that demonstrates what we are facing.

disclaimer: only showAll is demo'ed

Though your head can start swimming when you think about the various options, rations, dimensions, how it translates into physical inches, centimeters etc.

The bottom line, using showALL turns out to be very simple:

Your safe zone is  (I hope I am finally declaring this correctly)

1) for a “root" 16 X 9 stack: the full width + 75% of the  vertical height that will render on a 4 X 3 device
    — ergo artists must supply you with  4 X 3 artwork with significant content in the middle 75% vertical space. i.e. 12.5 % bleed top and bottom
2) for a “root” 4 x 4 3tack: the full height + 75% of the  width height that will render on a 4 X 3 device
    — ergo artists must supply you with  16 X 9 artwork with significant content in the middle 75% horizontal space i.e. 12.5 % bleed left and right.

Translate the above to portrait by flipping the values.. then give actual physical or pixel dimensions to your artist according to your requirements.

I will add some more physical real world numbers (pixels/inches to the docs of that stack later.

BR