server vs not server

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jan 20 09:36:39 EST 2016

Hey Mike,

Most daemons I have built with LC will poll a folder at a set time
interval, and act accordingly dependent upon what it finds in the folder.
A polling interval set too short can make the server slower.  Setting it
too long makes the users complain about waiting 30 seconds or a minute.
Using LC Server for the same tasks makes it on-demand, and much more
efficient.  The only con is that some tasks may require elevated
privileges, and since it isn't being run by a normal user, this can be
tricky.  I have some of both, but my goal is to port all my daemons to LC
server scripts.

~Roger