Image Scaling Problem

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jan 19 14:25:56 EST 2016

You use the imageData technique when you want to reduce the dimensions AND
the filesize of an image (could also be called a "lossy" process because
you lose data by using this method).

For example, say an 800x600 image runs 2MB.  If you reduce the dimensions
of the image and lock it, the image still occupies 2MB of memory, and can
be restored to its original dimensions when unlocked.

The imageData technique is similar to scaling an image in something like
Photoshop or GIMP: you are removing imageData, the image will only occupy
a few hundred K or less, and cannot be restored to its original size.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 1/19/16, 7:27 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Matt Maier"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of blueback09 at gmail.com>