Forcing an android app to quit when the 'home' button is clicked?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 19 01:04:16 EST 2016

On 1/18/2016 8:54 PM, Terry Judd wrote:
> Yeh - the back and menu keys trigger messages but not the home key. It
> hadn¹t occurred to me to try suspendStack - I¹ll give that a whirl.

I don't think any messages are sent at all when the Home key is pressed.
Ralph may be thinking of the "shutdown" message which is sent when you
issue the "quit" command, but that doesn't happen when the Home key is
pressed because the app doesn't quit, it keeps running in the background
until Android needs the memory.

The app should save its state on every significant change because you
never know when the OS will shut it down.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com