There is no You in Documentation - yet!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jan 18 19:34:19 EST 2016

On 01/18/2016 03:10 PM, Ali Lloyd wrote:
>>From the looks of things we've fixed about half of the documentation bugs
> reported in the last year against 6.7 / 7.0 / 8.0. One of the reasons
> documentation bugs were in the past not getting fixed as often as everyone
> would like, as I suggest in the blog post, is that it was something of a
> faff to alter the XML files, and the system was fairly fragile - a slight
> error in reference number, for example, could cause a subsequent installer
> build to fail. So yes, part of the reason for changing the format was so it
> would be easier for *us* to fix docs bugs without breaking things.

Agreed.
One of the reasons I've been a bit hesitant to submit pull requests for
features is that creating the doc files has been a pain, undocumented,
and the only editing tool is outdated, incomplete, and buggy (did I miss
anything?). The new format is a breath of fresh air... or in my part of
the world, rain after a long drought.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com