Windows 10 file paths

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Thu Jan 14 17:09:38 EST 2016

Yep I think I've also been including it specifically in 'copy files' for a
good while - the other thing to check is whether the user has allowed their
anti-virus to block the .dll, if it was blocked it wouldn't be allowed to
function even if it was present

Roger Eller wrote
> I don't know when it started, but even in Win7 I have had to include it in
> the copy files pane for quite a while.  It seems like it started around LC
> 6.5 to 6.6 builds.
>

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM, J. Landman Gay <

> jacque@

> wrote:
>
>> I need to ensure the user has not deleted the revSecurity.dll file. This
>> works on Windows 7 and under:
>>
>>     put "revsecurity.dll" into tWinFile
>>     put the filename of this stack into tFilepath
>>     set the itemdel to slash
>>     put tWinFile into last item of tFilepath
>>     put there is a file tFilepath into tExists
>>
>> It fails on Windows 10, which can't find the file. If the user manually
>> opens the app folder, the file is there. Anyone know why?
>>
>> Should I be using specialFolderPath("engine") or maybe the new
>> specialFolderPath("resources")?
>>
>> --
>> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |

> jacque@

-----
"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein