DP13 breaks GLX framework

jameshale james at thehales.id.au
Thu Jan 14 08:20:29 EST 2016

ok, the error I am getting is"
button "glxappManagedEngineMessages": execution error at line 7342 (Chunk:
can't find background), char 9

I can of course not find a line 7342 in a script that has only 279 lines.
The button referred to is in the 'scripts' card in a group 'frontscripts' of
the 'glxapplicationframework.dat' stack.

The calling chain is...
glxApplicationFramework ->glxapp_loadApplication
application->glxapp_openApplication
glxappManagedEngineMessages->preopenstack

I have tried tracing the path but it seems to be all ok. I can't find any
error, but see below.

If I launch and kill the handler when the script debugger comes up and then
call my "PreOpenWindow" handler (which resides in my main stack "program")
then my app completes its correct loading sequence and all is fine.
Note: before I do this my main stack has opened, it is just not initialised.
Running the preopenwindow handler completes the initialisation.

While tracing the launch progress there are many 'try..catch..end try'
blocks.
They are all quite simple and of the form..
       try
          some handler or function call
       catch e
          ThrowError e
       end TRY

In almost quite a few cases I would go to the "ThrowError e" line and into
the 'ThrowError' handler.
However nothing is in the 'e' parameter, at least nothing until the end.