Getting the clicktext from a browser control

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 13 13:51:06 EST 2016

On 1/13/2016 7:39 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> The times that BrowserBeforeNavigate doesn’t get sent, is a
> BrowserBeforeNavigateFrame sent instead?

There are no frames, so no. The browserBeforeNavigate only gets sent
when the URL changes, and the links in the page do not always change
URLs, (they are basically reference IDs, mainly footnotes) so that's why.

If the footnote is contained in the existing browser content then the
link navigates but I can't find out about it until after the navigation
completes. If the link points to another set of content that isn't
loaded yet, nothing happens and I still don't find out about it until
browserNavigateComplete is sent. I want to know what link was clicked so
I can handle it regardless of the intended link destination. I don't see
any way to do that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com