Getting Finder results into LiveCode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 11 10:32:26 EST 2016

I'd use Spotlight more too if it would show the file path to each of duplicate copies of a file. Cmd-F does that if you have the path info at the bottom of the window turned on in Finder. I often have a master copy and a duplicate in a shared dropbox folder, as well as multiple historical copies in labelled folders, and I need to know which copy I'm about to open.

Cmd-F in Finder gives you a list of all copies with all the usual details (size,  date, etc.) so I use that more often. It sounds like that's what Francis needs too.

BTW, a quick way to copy (most of) the file path to the clipboard is to Get Info on it and copy the path from the there. You do need to add the short name at the end so it isn't perfect. I've installed a contextual menu addition that copies the path.

None of this actually answers the question though. I don't think there's a way to get a found file list in LC without the help of an Applescript or by doing a complete directory walk.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com