Getting Finder results into LiveCode

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jan 11 10:04:40 EST 2016

Hi Francis,

> Am 11.01.2016 um 12:51 schrieb Francis Nugent Dixon <effendi at wanadoo.fr>:
>
> Hi from Beautiful (but wet) Brittany,
>
> A tiny problem.
>
> I use “cmd F” to find documents on my computer
> (never got round to using Spotlight).
> Is there a way to get the results of such a “Find”
> inside a Rev stack ? Anybody done this ???
> I am a buggar for backups, and for one original, I
> have copies on several of my external disks.
> I want to update all the copies of a file that I just
> modified, and by hand, it’s a pain !
>
> And just in case I haven’t got enough, is there a way
> to display in a liveCode stack the results of a “Get Info”
> from the finder ?
>
> I seem to spend half my life in „housekeeping"

you could use SHELL with „mdfind“ like this:
…
put "your searchterm“ into tSearchTerm
put shell("mdfind“ && q(tSearchTerm)) into fld "found files“
…

function q tString
  return QUOTE & tString & QUOTE
end q

SHELL is blocking, but works really fine ;-)

Check the MAN pages for mdfind in the terminal.

> -Francis
>
> “Nothing should ever be done for the first time !”

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major