Figuring out if something is on the current screen, or getting the current screen rect

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:37:52 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> I would think that ideally the user should be in control of whether
> something goes on one screen or another, and that this ability shouldn't be
> taken away from them.

AFAIK,live code offers no such option when opening a stack . . . there was
a big to-do several years ago when the package maintainer for fvwm on
(iirc) debian decided that the user placing each and every window was the
only sane way to handle it.  I believe that it actually deleted other
methods from existing .fvwmrc or some such (or I may be mixing idiotic
choices).

Anyway, in this case, I'm popping up a stack over a field with the list of
valid choices (I needed more than the built in popups).  I just want them
to stay on the screen . . .

It's just insane that there's no notion of a current screen . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462