mySQL Host access

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 7 13:40:11 EST 2016

Matthias Rebbe wrote:
 > I would create a php or lc script on the server which makes all the
 > communication with the MySQL db and then let the Desktop App call the
 > php/lc file on the server. The php/lc file would then return the
 > needed data to the Desktop App.
 >
 > It´s much safer then to allow remote connections to the MySQL DB.

This is by far the most frequently-needed discussion in all threads
about remote DB access in our community.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that I may have missed which provides a
simple example of using LC for this sort of middleware between the
client and the DB?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems