Accepting secure connections with sockets

Stephen MacLean smaclean at madmansoft.com
Tue Jan 5 15:38:39 EST 2016

Hi All,

Some questions on securing sockets both “server" and “client" side.

On the server side (which is just an LC app, not a LC server deployment), you open a connection with “accept connections on port xxxx”. I am trying to make sure that only secured connections are made to the server. I’ve tried “accept secure connections on port xxxx” and while it didn’t throw an error, it allowed a client to connect without using the "open secure socket xxxxxxx”, just using the "open socket xxxxxxx” command. I don’t see that secure is listed in the dictionary for “accept” but again, it didn’t throw an error. I’ve also used:

accept connections on port xxxx
secure socket “xxxx”

again, no error, but is this actually secure now? I was also able to connect via the client using the “open socket” command with no error.

So, how do I force the connections to only be secured connections on the server?

On the client side, the "open secure socket xxxxxxx” command seems to work, at least it doesn’t throw an error. However, while I can see the open socket using “the openSockets”, it doesn’t tell me if it is secure or not.

So, is there a way to see if a connected socket is running in secure mode?

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Best,

Steve MacLean