LiveCode Mac, importing images from iPhone

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Sun Jan 3 07:30:51 EST 2016

The ability to access different kinds of media from Pages, Keynote etc. is an OSX feature that is not implemented in LiveCode. Since images are stored in a library that is a bundle (much like an application on OSX) there is no simple way of getting these files into LiveCode either, as far as I know. Applications like Pages etc. get their information from the associated databases, and there may be ways to access these.

You can find these pictures manually by selecting the library in Finder and choose “Show Package Contents” when right clicking the library. You then choose the folder “Masters" and navigate to the folder for the appropriate year (2016 if it was today) then the folder for the appropriate month, thereafter the folder for the appropriate date, and finally the folder that contains your last import.

It is easier to open your the “Photos” application and export your images to a folder you have chosen yourself. You can then import these images into LiveCode from this folder. Another alternative is to share/export the images from the iPhone to a folder where they can be accessed from LiveCode. You may use Dropbox for this, as you can use “answer file" to access files in the Dropbox-folder on the Mac.

Best of luck

Tore Nilsen