One Rect For All specificaiton

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jan 2 20:32:56 EST 2016

Scott: I’m not actually interested in working in hi-res. ON our last project I worked in native size
(iphone 6+ …..736H X 414w)

 it was enough to learn/know to make all images 1472 X 828 (then we get quality), import those and simple resie them to fit.

By on my new LG monitor (huge!)  using 14 X 9 as the stack rect (this actually works well with fullscreenmode set to “No Border”)

it was very small… So, I got the idea to just “double it!”

i.e Scale factor 2

DOUBLE UP:

CARD/CANVAS SIZE:

644 X 414  ==   1288 X 828

SAFE ZONE

1104 X  724  TOPLEFT    (x)92,(y)52

bottom nav bar 48 x 2 = 96

now this stack fits beautifully on my macbook pro.. . and is still big enough on the cinema display.

2X work well because you just double the numbers: iOS wants 44 x 44 icons on the bottom tab bar: Just just bring them in at 88 X 88.

And Colin “nailed it” on the safe zone:

see this puzzle thing I am working on (for images this time)

http://dev.himalayanacademy.com/media/apps/image-puzzles/Image_Puzzles.livecode

I have a light blue area in the middle that is the “safeZone” and I tested on iPhone 6+ and iPad and its perfect.

The last project was done as “

 set the fullscreenmode of this stack to  “showAll”

But there are caveats with “showAll” —you get  perfect fit in only one direction… so it “blindsides” you on what is happening.  Using the NoBorder  seems to be more transparent…

We will see. I will try the scalefactor idea.. but working in 2X  has some advantages.