OS X - how to write to a file associated as a Unix executable

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 20:06:26 EST 2016

What I am trying to do is within a LC application

1. put field "mytest" into URL "binfile:~/race"

This creates a file called race in the ~/ directory.

The problem is that when you do a chmod +rw race the file is still
recognized as textedit file and NOT a UNIX executable.

When you look at a file created with LC and chmod  verses a file created
with textmate and chmod you can see the differences in the finder or get
info on both files and see the difference.