Open source, closed source, and the value of code

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 17:25:04 EST 2016

On 1.03.2016 00:16, Roger Guay wrote:
> I couldn’t agree with you more, Robert. Plus, I will point out again, that this is another potential revenue source for LiveCode.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger

That, now, makes sense. A sort of halfway house.

There was (amidst the plethora of purchasing plans that have come and
gone) a way to
have a month's licence; so one could develop one's stack using the
Community version
and then purchase a month's worht of commercial to hive off protected
standalones; whether that is still available I just don't know having
stuck with the Community version right from when it was released.

Richmond.