OS X - how to write to a file associated as a Unix executable

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 16:13:56 EST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to write the from a text field to a file and then change the
file so it is executable.

put field "mytest" into URL "binfile:~/race"
or
put field "mytest" into URL "file:~/race"

The file race is created in either case but are associated with textedit.

I require it to be recognized as a Unix executable associated with the
terminal application once I have done a chmod +rx on it

If I just save a file from textmate and do a chmod +rx then it works.

So it has to do with how I am saving it out of LC.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Glen