The Future of LiveCode in Education

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Mon Feb 29 16:03:46 EST 2016

Richard:
Agreed. It always seemed odd to me that I had to rebuild, for every app, standard UI interfaces that most folks use. The Widgets capability in LC is masterful. It’s definitely a biggie.

My problem is getting my friends to actually try Livecode. I think I’ll need to do a bit of demo-ing of my own app and selling at UCSB to get interest.

One drum I am beating hard on this list is how badly there needs to be an interface to the commonly used Learning Management Systems, like Moodle (“Common Cartridge”, LTI, etc). I am simply loathe to dip my toes into that world. But perhaps, I’m just apprehensive of the “crocodiles” lurking beneath the surface. Looking further into this topic is on my “to do” list though.

Best,
Bill