LiveCode for the Hobbyists

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 12:39:12 EST 2016

The Community version is 100% fantastic for hobbyists as well as anyone
else who isn't fussed
about protecting their code.

I use the Community version on a daily basis to develop software for my
business, where code
  protection is not an issue; I also use a commercial version (4.5) to
develop software where
I want my code protected, and when I feel that Livecode has features to
offer in later versions vis-a-vis my commercial stuff (Devawriter Pro) I
shall purchase a commercial version.

I also use the Community version to teach programming to school
children, who develop "silly little games" they exchange with each
other, while having absolutely no commercial value whatsoever,
they do stop kids mindlessly playing side-scrollers and get them writing
them, and in the process
learning an awful lot of useful problem-solving skills that are directly
transferrable to many walks of life.

Richmond.