LiveCode for Educators (was LiveCode for the Hobbyists)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 27 17:25:48 EST 2016

Tore Nilsen wrote:

 > I do agree that this is a kind of task where we, as educators and
 > users of LiveCode should do the actual work. However, I think it is
 > vitally important that the outcome of such a process has an active
 > backing from the company...

Oh indeed it does.

One of the projects we've been cooking up in our community engagement
meetings is forming an Educational Outreach Team.  Max Shafer has kindly
offered to be the team leader to help organize things, but do date
progress has been slow thus far.  We've sent invitations to a number of
educators to use the forum so we can work out the sorts of projects you
outlined, but given the overtaxed lives of most educators it's not
surprising it's taken a while to bring others on board.

I hope your post will help kickstart the process.

For any of you interested in jumping into the discussion, Tore's post is
here:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=26663>

Kevin is very strongly supportive of any and all efforts to extend the
scope of ways LiveCode can be of ever greater value in education.  Even
though most of these activities center around the Community Edition and
as such won't help with developer salaries straight away, he fully
recognizes the value for the platform as a whole and is quite willing to
support anything the community can accomplish along these lines in any
way needed.

Let's get this ball rolling and see where we can take it.

Thanks for your very helpful contributions, Tore.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org