updating progress to user during long handler

jameshale james at thehales.id.au
Sat Feb 27 01:48:33 EST 2016

Well I thought I should have a look given these comments.
I went through every GLX script I could find looking for lockscreens - none.
I then went through all my scripts in my main stack, the card scripts of the
opening card as well as all library stacks I am calling.
Every lockscreen was paired (lock/unlock) within the handler it was located.
None of these handlers, BTW, were being called during the opening sequence.

Just to be sure I also added an if lockscreen = true then breakpoint at a
couple of my progress points.

Launching the app it proceeded as wanted, updating the splash screen with
progress reports until the screen displayed.
None of the lockscreen checks fired, indicating to me that there were
actually no lockscreens were in effect during the startup.

So, I do not think there will be a problem as has been suggested.
I also can't explain why setting the lockscreen to false in the Splash stack
makes things work.

As an aside when reading the dictionary on lockscreen it states that its
setting has no effect in the IDE with script debug enabled.
I have script debug mode enabled.
I am also doing all this testing in the IDE.
If lockscreen has no effect in the IDE under these circumstances then why
does setting the lockscreen to false allow things to work?

Curious, no?