Players in HTML5 - ETA for Full Functionality?

Dirk prive dirk.cleenwerck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:08:49 EST 2016

I think the lack of interest in supporting the hobby programmers will hurt
the company in the not too distant future. As a hobby user myself I have
paid for a license for a long long time. I have a founder account on
on-rev. I paid for several academies. I supported the kickstarter. Not to
long ago we moved to Indy. This changed is to a license that is no longer
ours to keep. The license is only ours as long as we keep paying. That was
already a massive step backwards if you ask me. Not so long ago there was
already a price rise which you could avoid if you paid a yearly amount up
front. Now the price of Indy will double to 999. Again you can avoid it if
you pay 499 up front. I'm sorry but I don't have that amount of money
laying aside for my hobby. I can afford small monthly fees, but not 499 in
one go. This means I'll have to revert to whatever the last version was
that we had a license for that you can keep. The community version is nice
and all, but you entirely miss the point that you have hobby people that
are willing to pay for a license, and donations that don't give us anything
are not an option either. Therefore the company misses out on the money
that hobby programmers used to pay. I can't afford 999/year, so I think
I'll be out if a solution is not available.

PS: according to the GPL if the code is for your use only I don't think you
need to publish any source code at all. It's only when your program is
released externally that you need to release the source.

Kind regards,
Dirk Cleenwerck.