DataGrid

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 25 12:31:29 EST 2016

Clarence P Martin wrote:
 > Richard,
 > Thanks, I will.  As I've discussed with you before, I have a tendency
 > to look, maybe, a little too deeply into some things.

I think that's an occupation hazard of software development. :)

As much as we're all working towards the ideal of having as much
documentation readily findable within the IDE as possible, I've found
it's helpful with every language I've learned to employ Google or other
web search engine when a problem lingers.

In the olden days the issue was that there were just too few learning
resources for LC, but these days it's very much the opposite: between
this list, the forums, Stack Overflow, social media, and countless blogs
and other web sites, now the problem is that there's too much info in
too many places.

Definitely the better problem to have. :)

And while we experiment with ways to provide a central index for all
that ever-growing volume of stuff, Google provides a pretty good one we
can use right now.

When learning SQL, JavaScipt, bash, Python, HTML, or most other
languages, the web is really the only tool we have.  With LiveCode we
have much more in the box, but a good web search engine is still as
useful for us as it is for any other scripting community.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems