Hi-Res Images at Natural Size?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Feb 25 04:19:38 EST 2016

On 2016-02-25 02:54, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> This has been my experience here. Neither my 15.4" 2880 X1800 Macbook
> Pro nor the LG Ultrawide 34Inch 3440 X 1440 displays can match the
> sharpness of the same image on my iPhone 6+.

The pixel density of the iPhone 6+ is 401ppi.

The pixel density of your 15.4" MacBook Pro is 220ppi.

The pixel density of your LG Ultrawide 34inch display is 109ppi.

The pixel density of a 27" iMac non-retina display is 102ppi.

The iPhone Simulator maps one simulated device pixel to one screen
pixel, so the net effect you will get on (say) a 27" iMac is that of
51ppi.

The lower the ppi, the less sharp things will appear :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps