leap to future

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 24 20:48:39 EST 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > It's still baffling, as it would seem to be a no-brainer to turn on
 > the HTML5 Standalone builder option in the Indy version and turn off
 > the option to encrypt it if you had not paid for HTML5...
 >
 > Again response was "not gonna happen."
 >
 > So there comes a time when, if Daddy says, "That's the way it's going
 > to be," you have to just be quiet.

If you want to deliver GPL-governed work, all other deployment options
require using the Community Edition. With HTML output it may be simply
that the JS-translated engine is different in the proprietary editions
from the Community one.

Either way, if you want to deploy GPL-governed works you probably
already have the Community Edition, so while I was initially also not
clear on the "why" here, the other "why", as in "why I would want this"
was something I couldn't answer either, so I'm okay with the arrangement.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems