HTML5 "Features" Library Substacks and "send ### in time"

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Feb 24 05:29:59 EST 2016

On 07/02/2016 01:59, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

> Yikes… ! I just read this today… after seeing the newsletter and then looking in the guide in LC 8 dp 14
>

> "The HTML5 engine in this release of LiveCode has a limited range of features. You can:
>
> deploy single-stack applications with embedded resources"
>
> BR: Does this mean you cannot include a libraty stack such as Animation Engine?

You can definitely include the Animation Engine as a library stack.
Simply add it to the "Copy Files" list.

> "Two important unsupported features are unlikely to be added in the near future:
>
> operations that need to pause the script while something happens (e.g. wait 10)"
>

> BR: Ouch! no “wait” ? OK, all is fair in love and war and if “wait” is a performance beast, so be it.
>
> But will html5 support  “send in time?
>

> send “scene1Scenario2” to this card in 2 second?
>
> ??

Yes, "send in time" should work just fine -- indeed, most of the HTML5
demo stacks on the forums make heavy use of it.

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team