updating progress to user during long handler

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Feb 23 22:23:07 EST 2016

Hi James,

I find it sometimes helps to lock & unlock the screen right after
updating a progress bar, when it's part of a long process at least. Or
throw in a "wait 0 seconds" right after it - that can help too. It seems
the OS sometimes needs a reminder that it's time for it to update the
screen.

Thanks -
Phil

On 2/23/16 7:07 PM, James Hale wrote:
> Ok, so no lockscreens anywhere in the routines being called from start to end.
> Guess the problem lies elsewhere.
> I put in a few BEEPs at each 'progressive step and they all fired ok but there was still no update to the text in my splash stack.
> I am using the glx framework and it might be that it is getting in the way.
> Frustrating.

Phil Davis