updating progress to user during long handler

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 11:25:02 EST 2016

Hi.

While you have your processing handler doing its thing, why not increment a progress bar at intervals? I do not know if that process knows accurately where it is along its journey, but this is the best feedback for the user.

I have noticed progress bars that proceed nicely, giving the user hope for a speedy finish, and then "hang" 99% of the way through for a while. That is why I asked if your process "knows" its place.

Craig Newman