Programmatically determine the average greyscale

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sun Feb 21 00:20:12 EST 2016

> > hh wrote:
> > BR uses or wants to use button labels.
> > Where then do you apply this effect? To a button label?
>
> jacque wrote:
> Shadows work on button names/labels the same as they do for fields
> if the button is transparent. The shadow affects only the text.

He uses images as backpattern. For text the label.
How to manage that with a transparent button and dropshadow?

If he uses a textfield instead of labels, yes, then the described
dropshadow setting is a *very* nifty solution. I already added this
to my main personal "library" (who shall be cited as 'author'?)

hh