local and do <commands> - what NOT to do

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 18 22:28:09 EST 2016

I skipped a few in the middle, here, but one case where I use do and value
is in lieu of having pointers, something that is not very easily replaced
by an array.  Using value and do allow me to write generic routines for
populating forms and updating database tables afterwards, using the field
names and variable names that match the name of the field in the database
table.

If I was to use arrays to replace this behavior, I would also have to use
object numbers on fields as the reference and then keep the objects
numbered correctly, or use object ID's and then have a lookup table to
correlate the index of the array, the object id, and the field name in the
DB.