Free BasicClock desktop clock for OSX

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Feb 16 19:01:17 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:05 AM, [-hh] <hh at livecode.org> wrote:

> Howard, two hints to your clock:
> = If user hasn't installed (or disabled) the few fonts you
> make available then it always has the same 'system font'.

This is true, however all my testers had these fonts installed by default
so my assumption was that they would all show up. Did you not have any of
these fonts installed at the time? Had you explicitly removed them? What
version of OSX are you running?

I'm trying to determine the likelihood of this occurring to see if it makes
sense to spend the time trying to account for this case.

> = The colour chooser may be fully hidden by the clock window
> and then 'blocks' the app.

Ha! I never saw this but was able to hide the color picker behind the clock
if I made the clock big enough and placed it in the same spot as the color
picker. Hitting the return key (or quitting the app) gets you out of this
as it turns out.

Again, I'm wondering if this happened naturally for you or if you created
this condition for stress testing.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Regards,