create field suddenly not a good chunk

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Feb 15 23:46:16 EST 2016

> On 16 Feb 2016, at 3:35 PM, Matt Maier <blueback09 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As far as I know I didn't make any changes that would explain this.
>
> All of a sudden this line: "create field stack "HowstrBeta"  is giving me
> this error "(Chunk: source is not a container), char 1"
>
> After some experimentation and googling I discovered that it would work
> again if I changed that line to this: "create field (the long ID of stack
> "HowstrBeta").
>
> BTW, it was the same error for two other areas which created graphics
> instead of fields.
>
> Any ideas why Livecode would happily take "create field stack "Whatever""
> for many months and then suddenly demand it be phrased differently?

It probably shouldn’t have parsed `create field stack “Whatever”` ever. I’m not sure what you are intending myself.
Do you want a field named `stack “Whatever”` or do you want a field created on stack “Whatever”?

For the former then you probably want:
create field “stack” && quote & “Whatever” & quote

For the latter then you probably want:
set the defaultStack to “Whatever”
create field “MyField"

or

create field “MyField” in group “somegroup” of stack “Whatever"

Cheers

Monte