Free BasicClock desktop clock for OSX

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sun Feb 14 15:55:26 EST 2016

So many clocks today still employ the flip-clock or 7-segment LED display
aesthetic that is at least 20 years old. Given that we now have high
resolution displays and very high-quality fonts available, I wanted to make
a simple clock that took advantage of these improvements as an alternative
to the “retro” clocks that are mostly available.

The clock itself is basic—just time, day, and date. It’s designed to sit in
the corner of your screen and float over everything else.

But you can modify the *look* of the clock in many ways, by using different
fonts and by modifying the clock and background colors. Other visual
options include adding a border, using rounded corners, drop shadows and
inner shadows.

The clock is also infinitely resizable so you can make it any size you need
to fit in your work area.

Because there can be so many visual options, there is also a mechanism to
save your favorites designs and call them up later.

You can see the features of BasicClock here: BasicClock Read Me.pdf
<http://designeq.com/deq/software/Welcome%20to%20BasicClock%20V2.04.pdf>

and download it here: BasicClock V2.04.zip
<http://designeq.com/deq/software/BasicClock%20V2.04.app.zip>

Note that you might have to “allow” this clock to run in the Security &
Privacy control panel if you have Gatekeeper running on your Mac.

BasicClock is free and currently runs only under OS X.

Enjoy.

(BasicClock was inspired by the Clearview desktop clock by Hugh Senior.)
--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein