When is a GIF Finished Playing?

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Feb 10 15:46:56 EST 2016

Hi Ray,

not pretty but seems to work:

local sGifName
local sLastFrame
local sRepeatTimesFrames
local sCount

on mouseUp
   put "myGif" into sGifName
   put the currentFrame of img sGifName into sLastFrame
   put 7 into tRepeatCount
   put tRepeatCount * the frameCount of img sGifName into sRepeatTimesFrames
   put 0 into sCount
   put the milliseconds into sMS
   set the repeatCount of img sGifName to tRepeatCount
   send "checkGifAnimation" to me in 0 milliseconds
end mouseUp

on checkGifAnimation
   if "checkGifAnimation" is in the pendingMessages then exit
checkGifAnimation
   if the optionKey is down then exit checkGifAnimation -- just a precaution
   put the currentFrame of img sGifName into tCurrFrame
   if tCurrFrame <> sLastFrame then
      add 1 to sCount
      put tCurrFrame into sLastFrame
      if sCount >= sRepeatTimesFrames then
         answer "Animation Stopped"
         exit checkGifAnimation
      end if
   end if
   send "checkGifAnimation" to me in 40 milliseconds -- 40 ms seems to be
plenty
end checkGifAnimation