Printing a revBrowser

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Feb 10 10:57:17 EST 2016

On 2016-02-10 16:39, Terence Heaford wrote:
> What’s wrong with revBrowserPrint and backgrounds?

Assuming you mean that no background means that any background fill you
have on the page isn't printed then...

Nothing is wrong I don't think - doing revBrowserPrint asks the browser
to print - which means you'll get the same result as if you used the
same browser outside of LiveCode and asked it to print. Typically the
global style-sheet used to print is different than that which is used to
display on the screen (I think at least).

> Does the widget browser in LC8 print directly? Text and Backgrounds?

The widget browser in LC8 uses the same underlying frameworks as
revBrowser (although a largely rewritten code layer inbetween).

Printing widgets in LC8 relies on snapshotting them at the moment -
which CEF doesn't allow in the mode you have to use to display it on the
screen (with any degree of performance, at least). Indeed, this is
something we need to still hook up for native widgets (the 'OnPaint'
handler of widgets isn't called in the native case, so printing them
will have no effect).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps