LC 6.7.8 won't load

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sun Feb 7 16:14:45 EST 2016

Peter H. wrote:
> It looks like this is a plugin issue.  I removed all my plugins
> and 6.7.8 now loads fine.  Will experiment to find which plugin
> is causing the problem.

Tried your no-plugin-method. Had until now no startup-crash with
6.7.8, but two with 7.1.1 and one with 8.0.0-dp14.

Rick H. wrote:
> I have told my Mac to never sleep because of weirdness
> like that over many years.  I use the screen saver instead,
> or shut it down if I’m not going to use it for a few hours. Rick
> > On Feb 7, 2016, at 2:28 PM, [-hh] <hh at livecode.org> wrote:
> > Related to that
> > (seems to be a well-known "random"-occurrence problem)
> > #16112 8.0.0-dp6 Crash at startup
> > #14264 7.0.1-GM1 Crash on startup
> > Also, for me:
> > The probability increases if it is the first startup
> > of LC after a machine sleep.

I had sometimes better results when ejecting a certain USB-2.0 drive
before a sleep (no change: thunderbolt drive). Yes, Mac will be
more involved with that than LC. But: Other apps don't crash here ...