Can't Get LC Server to fire

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Sat Feb 6 02:25:29 EST 2016

On 6/02/2016 3:38 am, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> the echo.lc file iin the cgi-bin is a bit different than the one in the public_html directory.
>
> it does not begin with “<?lc”
>
> it begins with
>
> !#/home/domain/cgi-bin/livecode-community-server
>
> As such there is no .htaccess redirection of action by suffix/filetype (.lc) required.
Sorry, I missed that bit in your e-mail.
> This is all working on the other site… but I discovered even a bashscript.cgi will not fire.. so it’s nothing to do with LC at all. I’ll take this up with the team over at the VirtualMin/WebMin site…
That does seem to indicate more of a problem with the configuration of
the /cgi-bin/ directory for that website.

If you haven't had any success with the Virtualmin/Webmin guys, another
thing to look at is the Apache error log for your domain when calling
the .lc script in the public_html directory from a web browser.  In your
case, it looks like it would probably be /home/htoday/logs/error_log.
The error log will often reveal more information about the actual error,
than what you see displayed in the browser.

If you have other sites working under Virtualmin, you could also compare
the Apache config for a domain that is working to one that isn't - in
particular the ScriptAlias lines and the config in the <Directory
/home/xxx/cgi-bin> section for your site.  You can find the Apache
config for the domain in Virtualmin under "Services" - "Configure
Website" - "Edit Directives".

Cheers,

Charles