LC8 Save command

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Feb 5 19:48:30 EST 2016

That's correct - the stackfileversion is by default the most recent the engine understands.

Saving stackfiles in a legacy version is an IDE semantic in the IDE save routines - it stores a custom property on the stack.

On the other hand it is the engine which identifies whether a stackfiles is too new to be opened. Since 2.7 all stackfiles start with 8 bytes - REVOxyzw - where xyzw are the digits for the version the format was introduced in:

REVO2700 - 2.7
REVO5500 - 5.5
REVO7000 - 7.0
REVO8000 - 8.0